Just a brief summary of all our activities to date! So far it has been a very hectic and exciting academic year during which everyone has juggled various commitments alongside their studio practice and AA2A involvement. Alot has gone on since the first AA2A Lecture where all the artists were able to give students a rough idea of their practices and put names to faces. This was then followed up by two Q&A sessions held by Sandra and myself. All the artists have been making good use of the fantastic printmaking facilities and the expertise of Alfons Bytautas, our printmaking technician yoda. (http://www.edinburghprintmakers.co.uk/artist/alfons-bytautas).
Below are a couple of each artist's activities to date!
Rebecca Travis (artist)
- 'Temporary Worlds' Exhibition, Durham, Nov. 2012
- Hosting a two part 'Critical Writing Workshop' for students in March
- An incredibly messy and colourful studio space!
- Making use of the Colour and Materials studio's large table upon which they have been creating large collaborative collages
- Continuing the development of his hybrid violin playing bike
- Has also made some very lovely 'blue-prints' cyanotypes (pardon the pun) of his proposed contraption
- Contributed a lovely etching to the Northumbria Fine Art Auction which took place this Thursday, to raise money for the degree show and was a great success!
- Currently Jenny's studio space is full of moss, lichen and twigs!
- Like myself Sandra has just handed in her dissertation and is now back in the studios woking towards our degree show!
- Sandra also contributed a lovely painting to the Northumbria Auction
- Currently in the throws of organising 'Act Without Expectation' - a live performance event which will be held at 'The Stand' in Newcastle on the 16th March
- Have been busy organising the workshop with Rebecca
- Currently developing my film and drawing works