More monoprint experiments with water-based inks


I spent an entire afternoon last weekend playing in my makeshift print studio at home, trying out the water-based ink sample whilst awaiting delivery of my inks. I experimented with all kinds of techniques, tried both dry and pre-soaked, damp paper as well as different types of paper. I also tried ways of transferring the image to the paper so I could really get a feel for what was possible and what the limitations were. I'd done lots of research so this was a chance to try out some ideas and have to say it was a lot of fun.

I am really pleased with the prints that resulted, some of which are in my image album. Perhaps more importantly however, I feel that this process is the one I am more connected with and that I want to pursue. A few more bits and pieces to acquire than I am good to go...

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.