Specialist self-employment seminars - on the 2nd March we hosted a virtual seminar for students and graduates themed around 'Social media and web presence'. Our thanks to past AA2A Creative Anisha Parmar who lent her expertise and experience to the discussions. Our next seminar on 15th April looks at 'Support organisations', so if you're a student or recent graduate at a current AA2A uni or college and would like to join this seminar group (2 students or grads per uni), do speak to a staff member listed on your AA2A college page or email us at email@example.com
Student prize challenge winner - Well done to University of Central Lancashire's Student Val Gedge who's won a £40 art voucher for writing a review of a support organisation from our digital pack for students and graduates 'Making it out there'
We've now released all eight of our videos for students and graduates for current AA2A Host unis and colleges for 2020-21. These should be available to download from your uni or college VLE (e.g. Blackboard). Videos all have optional subtitles, and the employability talks are indexed. Videos cover the following areas:
- 'Projects and funding' with visual artist Lizzy Jordan
- 'Social media and web presence' featuring jeweller Anisha Parmar
- 'Galleries and agents' featuring artist and artists mentor Dean Melbourne
- 'Managing a portfolio career' featuring Pamela Schilderman, Laura Plant and Tod Jones
- 'Copyright and licensing' featuring creatives Celia Smith, Trina Dalziel and Mike Chavez-Dawson and a DACS representative
- 'Portfolio Careers, self-employment and benefits'
- 'Support organisations and premises'
- 'Registration, tax, NI and keeping records'
Student web profiles - this year four students from each of our current host uni and colleges have the opportunity to have web profiles on our website. If you're a student at a current AA2A uni or college and you'd like a web profile, do speak to a uni staff member listed on your AA2A college page